Experience Relief from Debt With Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Document Services
Let Us Help paralegals are ready to assist pro se clients in California with their Chapter 13 bankruptcy document preparation and filing needs. Our experts can assist you in devising and calculating a payment plan that fits within your income, as well as advise you on the best options for your bankruptcy filing needs. We can also file documents on your behalf after preparation. Our document preparation services cost a fraction of legal representation while allowing you more flexibility in creating legal documents that fit your current needs and budget.
What is Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
You may hear this type of bankruptcy filing referred to as a “wage earner’s plan.” Individuals with a regular income are tasked with formulating a repayment plan to repay their debts either partially or in their entirety. This plan must be approved by a Chapter 13 trustee and the court if a debtor is filing pro se.
Keep in mind that:
- If the debtor’s income is less than the state median, the plan lasts for three years unless the court approves an extended repayment period.
- If the debtor’s income is more than the state median, plans last for five year – that is, the maximum duration allowed for a Chapter 13 repayment plan.
Creditors cannot begin or resume debt collection efforts during this period. The allotted time may make a Chapter 7 filing preferable at first glance, but Chapter 13 bankruptcy offers benefits that Chapter 7 filings cannot.
Some benefits of filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy include:
- designing payment plans based around what you can afford
- debts you do not pay in full can be discharged
- prevention of foreclosure
- the removal of second and higher mortgages
Fees indicated below do not include filing, recording, or courier service charges.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Starting at $799
Let Us Help’s Chapter 13 Bankruptcy package is designed to assist pro se clients with document preparation services for this type of bankruptcy. Additional fees apply for filing and other document-related services.
Let Us Help paralegals are just a phone call away from assisting California residents with their Chapter 13 bankruptcy filing needs at 877-490-0068.